Friday 6 March 2015

FRIGHTFUL FUN: DR SEUSS’ THE BABADOOK



So, I was a pretty damn impressed by The Babadook. Don't believe me? The review is right here.

I also loved the infamous Scary Poppins fake trailer by Mike Rule from a few years ago in which the classic Disney family movie was reimagined as a chilling horror flick.
See that right here if you haven’t already!


There's something wonderfully dark about subverting those classics from our childhood and combining them with the genre we love, as evidenced in my previous features on The Thing crossing paths with Pingu and Frozen.
No imagine my joy when the horror source material so wilfully likens itself to that most childish of things — the works of Dr Seuss.
You know where I’m going with this.

Check out this kick ass mash-up by the very talented Horror Report right here.


I’ll say this again.

KICK.
ASS!!!!!

Anybody out there got anything similar for me? Send it my way!


If you haven’t already, do please check out and like the Hickey’s House of Horrors Facebook page, which you can find here. It gives you a nice quick link to any new posts on this blog, plus regular news updates from around the web. I check the Internet so you don’t have to! Alternatively, follow me on twitter: The House@HickeysHorrors

Until next time, I hope you enjoyed your stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment