Tuesday 12 May 2015

ALL THE WEEK'S HORROR HEADLINES (4th-11th May)

Not got time to trawl the web for all the top horror news of the last week? Well allow me to give you a bite-size breakdown of the all biggest nightmarish news!

1. THE HOWLING AND DEE SNIDER'S STRANGELAND HEADING FOR REMAKES


Emaji Entertainments has secured the remake rights to not one, but TWO cult classics. First 1981's werewolf flick The Howling (which has actually spawned SEVEN sequels already!) and also the 1998 Dee Snider vehicle, StrangeLand. Written by and starring Snider as the creepy Captain Howdy, this has built up quite the following.

2. NEW SCREAM SERIES TRAILER


Heh heh heh. Awesome.

3. ROB ZOMBIE REVEALS ANOTHER 31 IMAGE


I feel like I've seen this movie already! Yet another image from Rob Zombie's 31, this time showing the good guys including Eighties icon Meg Foster and the ubiquitous Sheri Moon Zombie in the most awesome/bizarre top I have ever seen.

4. GRAVE ENCOUNTERS: THE BEGINNING!


Fans of the Vicious Brothers' found-footage shockers Grave Encounters and its sequel (both of which I thought were pretty cool!) will be licking their lips at the filmmakers' latest tweet.
Prequel? I'm down with that!

5. FATAL PICTURES GIVES US A LOOK AT HEIR





I loved Fatal Pictures' last two shorts, Worm and Familiar. I love the work of the hugely talented Robert Nolan. And I love everything that I've seen with the hardest working man in horror, Bill Oberst Jr. I'm pretty sure you can guess how I feel about Fatal Pictures' Heir, starring both Nolan and Oberst.
It cannot come soon enough.

6. NEW RELEASES


First up a movie that I have been waiting forever to see — Wyrmwood.
It's Mad Max with zombies.
I'll let that sink in.
Buy it at Amazon here and stay tuned for my own review.


Next up we have the intriguing The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Miss Osbourne starring the great Udo Kier.


Also out this week we have creepy looking haunted house tale, The Haunting of Radcliffe House.


Are you a British reader and after more atmospheric homegrown frights? The Sleeping Room could be the flick for you!


If you prefer your movies with zombies and Billy Zane (and who doesn't love that????), check out Zombie Killers: Elephant's Graveyard.


And finally, here's a ghostly woman and a spooky child flick, Awakened. That ticks a few boxes, am I right?

If you haven’t already, do please check out and like the Hickey’s House of Horrors Facebook page, which you can find here. It gives you a nice quick link to any new posts on this blog, plus regular news updates from around the web. I check the Internet so you don’t have to! Alternatively, follow me on twitter: The House@HickeysHorrors

Until next time, I hope you enjoyed your stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment