Friday 3 April 2015

FRIGHTFUL FUN: TELETUBBY HORROR STORY



I'd argue that there are few tv opening credits sequences as legitimately creepy as the frankly FUCKED UP opening to Fox's American Horror Story: Freak Show.
Don't believe me? Well look below...


BRRRRRR!

I thought very little could match that when it came to nightmare fuel.
I was wrong.

Enter CBBC's Teletubbies — brightly coloured and nonsensical bastions of children's entertainment. Except, when they cease being brightly coloured and are instead shown in black and white, they cease to be so family friendly and instead become genuinely horrifying.
Add in dark musical genius Charlie Clouser's (he of Nine Inch Nails fame) and you get the sort of experience that feels like it's sucking your soul out of you as you watch it.
So credit to Anne Wood and Andrew Davenport for putting this blood-curdling video together. 



God knows what they could manage with In The Night Garden and the theme to Cannibal Holocaust...

Anybody out there got anything similar for me? Send it my way!

If you haven’t already, do please check out and like the Hickey’s House of Horrors Facebook page, which you can find here. It gives you a nice quick link to any new posts on this blog, plus regular news updates from around the web. I check the Internet so you don’t have to! Alternatively, follow me on twitter: The House@HickeysHorrors

No comments:

Post a Comment