Tuesday 23 December 2014

SINISTER SIX: MOST POPULAR POSTS OF 2014!




So the year is finally drawing to a close and here at the House, it’s been a big one.

A massive upturn in productivity, some great friends made and even jumping on board the social media train! In case you hadn’t noticed, I do love a Facebook like or a Twitter follow…
As if that wasn’t enough, this week, we broke the 10,000 hits mark!

So, to celebrate, here are the six most popular posts of the year.


The very British (and very good) Judas Ghost picked up plenty of awards at festivals this year and that word of mouth has clearly attracted plenty of attention. At the time I said: ‘Judas Ghost is one of the best horror films I’ve seen this year from either side of the Atlantic.’
And as popular as the film was, the review drew some hits too.

5: RAW REVIEW: NAKED ZOMBIE GIRL



At the time, I called Rickey Bird Jr's Naked Zombie Girl: ‘a rip-roaring grindhouse throwback with blood, guts and heart’. Clearly you guys agreed judging by the number of hits the review had.
And I’m sure it had nothing to do with a certain Ms Chadeayne in a state of undress. Oh no!


4: RAW REVIEW: DEADLY REVISIONS



Well OF COURSE a Bill Oberst Jr flick was going to show up on this list! And it was his performance and the direction of Gregory Blair that I praised in a film I rather bizarrely described as: ‘a little like a nightmarish variation of Murder She Wrote directed by David Lynch’.
Heh, not my finest writing moment, but that didn’t stop you guys from flooding to this review in your droves.

3: RAW REVIEW: DORCHESTER’S REVENGE: THE RETURN OF CRINOLINE HEAD



Certainly the longest title of a review this year, Tommy Faircloth’s ace slasher throwback was a film I had lots of love for. I wrote: ‘It is smart, funny, creepy and just goes to show that the era of the slasher is far from over.’ Judging from the hordes of you that checked out the review, that seems as true as ever.

2: RAW REVIEW: THE SCAREHOUSE



A fantastic film that worked on so many levels, I was blown away by Gavin Michael Booth’s The Scarehouse. In the review I wrote: ‘Great filmmaking + great performances + great direction = one great horror movie!’
The review had a huge number of hits and Booth was even kind enough to discuss it with me at length over Facebook! The Scarehouse proved a huge hit — both with reviewers and my readers.

1: RAW REVIEW: BERKSHIRE COUNTY



I had quite the wait until I was able to sit down with the supremely talented Audrey Cummings’ Berkshire County, but by golly it was worth it! In the review I wrote: ‘The clever story-telling, artful direction, cracking performances and some serious scares make Berkshire County a late contender for horror film of the year.’ And I stand by that statement. Judging by the number of hits the review has had, I reckon a few of you might agree with me!

So that’s your lot. Thank you all, each and every one of you, for propelling Hickey’s House of Horrors to the heights it has reached this year. I promise I’ll keep up the work with plenty of great reviews coming up in 2015. Merry Christmas to one and all, and a very, very Happy New Year.


If you haven’t already, do please check out and like the Hickey’s House of Horrors Facebook page, which you can find here. It gives you a nice quick link to any new posts on this blog, plus regular news updates from around the web. I check the Internet so you don’t have to! Alternatively, follow me on twitter: The House@HickeysHorrors

Until next time, I hope you enjoyed your stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment